Toronto-Based Staarsoft® Product Manager
Staarsoft® is sustainability planning and reporting software that provides organizations with the “how-to” guidance needed to plan, implement and manage a comprehensive sustainability program. Staarsoft® Sustainability Toolkit Action Planning, Assessment, and Reporting Software is based on the Sustainability Toolkit approach, which synthesizes international management system standards for environment and health & safety, as well as internationally accepted social responsibility guidance.
Tavares Group Consulting Inc. is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Product Manager to assist in the on-going development, sales and support of the Staarsoft® software.
This is a part-time position located in Toronto. Initial expected hours 16-24 which may extend to 35.
- Acting as product manager for software updates and new programming by liaising with software development team (coordinating meetings, monitoring progress, providing project updates, etc.).
- Identifying and assisting in soliciting new clients and partnerships (market research, managing the Staarsoft® data-base, attending sales calls, identifying and attending relevant conferences, etc.)
- Working with new and existing clients; setting up accounts, facilitating software training, and collecting user feedback in order to develop software improvements.
- Managing Staarsoft®’s social media presence (e.g. Twitter, writing blogs, developing case studies, managing the Staarsoft® LinkedIn Group and Showcase page, participating in webinars, etc.)
There will be a variety of tasks including gathering and managing data, meetings with various stakeholders, research, report writing, presentations, etc.
Education & Experience: Post-secondary education in environmental studies, corporate social responsibility, marketing, project management, computer programming or a related field.
The following skills are required:
- An understanding of sustainability and ISO Management Systems
- Knowledge or experience working with multiple stakeholders in various professional roles
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Communication (including social media skills)
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks independently
- Leadership abilities, including the confidence to take initiative on tasks and problem-solving
- An inherent professional attitude
- Computer programming experience and knowledge of WordPress is an asset
For more details, please contact us.